For Grand Slam Fishing Tournament information, click on the image, for tournament rules, click here.
For SCA Fall Flounderfest information, click here or on the image
- SCA Retired 12 Bay Shrimping Licenses and decommissioned 3 boats to date.
- The Saltwater Conservation Association of Texas is a direct action, non profit group of fishing conservationists.
- Our primary mission is to assist Texas Parks and Wildlife in buying back Bay Shrimping Licenses and retiring them from the water.?
- We are able to buy the licenses directly, as a licensed purchasing agent for TPWD's commercial license buy back program. We operate independently of the TPWD
- We are a 100% volunteer group and have no paid officers or positions.?
- Your donations are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by federal laws as a charitable donation.? Please consult your accountant for more information.
- All funds we collect are used in Texas only.?
- Please contact us if you know of, or have, a Texas Bay Shrimping License for sale.
SCA Announces new partnerships with
(click here or on the image)
Red Fish Bay Rods(Enter Guide Discount Code 2032 and receive a $20 discount. Redfish Bay Rods will make an additional $40 contribution to SCA Texas)and with
Bay Shrimping By Catch Facts:
(click on the by catch photo to enlarge it)
It takes 5 or more pounds of by catch to produce 1 pound of marketable shrimp.
Over 80 million pounds of by catch is taken each year from Texas Bays.
In the Galveston Bay Complex alone, over 8 million pounds of by catch is taken each year.
SCA Texas Announces New Partnership with
Kroger and Randalls